Sunday, April 17, 2016

How much is too much

I have been trying to write about something here for some time now. I keep writing and deleting things. Even though I am probably the only one who reads these posts it is still out there which means I am still technically sharing my reflections with whoever cares to listen. I am deliberately trying to be vulnerable and since poems and movie/ book reviews cushion the intensity of the thoughts I am going to stay away from those as much as I can. First I wanted to write about depression and anxiety but it is too personal and I am not at the stage of sharing yet. Then I wanted to write about what is going on in my life, at least on the surface but again I am not sure if I am there yet.  Topic after topic I was coming to the same conclusion so I have come to the realization that I have never really actually shared anything with anyone. In some form, like aforementioned poetry especially I have shared my feelings but never really anything about what I as a person am going through. After deliberating over this, I come to the question: how much sharing is too much sharing?  With social media we can now share what we like how we like and as much as we like but most of the time we only see the positives of someone’s life.  Think od it this way, these posts are like photographs, everyone is smiling and everyone is happy. Frequently we also come across people’s opinions and thoughts on various matters considered intellectual but most often they are rants or another way to portray you a certain way. In this day and age of extreme competition branding is very important and I see all around part taking in this rat race. I am not innocent of this crime either, but here is my effort to really writing something down where there is no propaganda, thought this and other posts to follow I wish to learn and grow.
How much share is too much share can also be how much is too much when it comes to emotions, competition ambition and so much more. As far as the rest go the simple answer is as much as it helps you and doesn’t take you over. Do things to the extent you can handle whatever it maybe so I guess share as much as you can without losing it’s purpose, to help you. In order to feel full as a human being the exercise of doing what you feel like is very important that’s why one needs to learn difference between right and wrong so what you feel like is only your business and not harmful to anyone else.

What I harmlessly wish to accomplish is to express myself and that I will do. Perhaps it is time to start sharing.

2 comments:

Rahul said...

Are you still living in Toronto?

Rahul said...

Are you still living in Toronto?